- Last updated:
- 23 May 2020
Setting up your own business can be an exciting time but can involve a level of uncertainty and risk. Before you start, save yourself time and money by being aware of what's involved in running a business.
To give yourself and your business every chance at success, you need to fully understand what is required through research and planning before you begin operating so you can make the best decisions for your business.
Council is committed to supporting local businesses to flourish and supporting new entrants to the market. Outlined below is key information for the Sunshine Coast and nationally.
Understanding the region's planning scheme, local laws and regulatory requirements enables local business owners to make smart decisions.
- Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014
- Local Laws
- Permits and licences
- Commercial Use of Community Land
- Sunshine Coast Economic Profile
business.gov.au is an online government resource for the Australian business community. business.gov.au offers you simple and convenient access to all of the government information, forms and services you need. It's a whole-of-government service providing essential information on planning, starting and growing your business.
Listed below are some key areas to visit:
Officers can help business investors with the following:
- Financial assistance to help offset various establishment costs
- A single point of service to facilitate connections with government bodies
- Tailored package of comparative information to assist in your decision
- Customised site selection assistance and relocation advice
- Access to key international market information and industry development
- Successful track record of helping investors move to the Sunshine Coast
Contact Economic Development on (07) 5475 9932 or email BusinessDevelopment@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au