- Last updated:
- 13 Feb 2020
The expansion of the Sunshine Coast Airport and development of a new Aerospace Precinct provide exciting and diverse opportunities in the Australasian aviation market.
Sunshine Coast Airport had almost 1.2 million passenger movements in 2018 (BITRE, 2019), reflecting the highest rate of passenger growth in Australia for that year.
- licensed maintenance, engineering and overhaul facilities
- pilot training and education institutes
- charter flights
- ground handling services
- freight operators
- aircraft sales
- emergency services.
Located at Sunshine Coast Airport, the Sunshine Coast Aerospace Precinct provides prime airside and landside development opportunities for smart and innovative aviation-related businesses.
In addition, Caloundra Aerodrome is a key complementary aviation asset and supports general aviation activity with around 40,000 aircraft and helicopter movements each year - primarily catering for the needs of light aircraft operations on the Sunshine Coast.
The aerodrome is a vital cog in South East Queensland’s general aviation network and offers the potential to play an important role in the industry’s development in the region.
Key aviation and aerospace industry participants on the Sunshine Coast include:
Why invest in aviation and aerospace on the Sunshine Coast?
- Sunshine Coast Airport currently welcomes over one million passengers annually with flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Auckland and beyond.
- Sunshine Coast Airport and Caloundra Aerodrome already host a capable and established cluster of leading-edge aviation and aerospace companies which support a highly skilled workforce.
- Flexible airside sites are available for maintenance and repair organisations, hangarage or other aviation support industries.
- Landside sites are available for aviation training and other aviation support industries.
- Sites are now available for long-term lease.
For more information more about the industry, please download the Aviation and Aerospace brochure.
"I believe the Sunshine Coast is capable of hosting the most advanced and technology intensive industries in the world. I also believe that innovative and progressive companies that choose to invest in this region will gain an enduring and increasing competitive advantage over their city-only counterparts."
Will Shrapnel | CEO, HeliMods
"The Airport Expansion Project and Sunshine Coast Aerospace Precinct (SCAP) provide a unique platform for industry and a framework for investment through to 2020 and beyond. The proposed runway, associated infrastructure and development opportunities will provide new industry opportunities and deliver a gateway to the global economy. SCAP already embodies this vision providing prime serviced airside and landside sites with a variety of flexible and sustainable infrastructure options designed to meet the needs of progressive and globally focussed companies."
Peter Pallot | General Manager, Sunshine Coast Airport