- Last updated:
- 15 Nov 2017
Enterprise and Investment Areas
The Sunshine Coast Enterprise Corridor represents the key regional location for commercial and residential growth over the next 20 years and is home to many of the region’s 33,000 registered businesses.
More than 80% of the region’s projected population growth and the majority of new business investment in the high-value industries will be accommodated within the Enterprise Corridor, in appropriately planned and serviced locations.
The regulatory settings for development, which the Sunshine Coast Council has put in place in appropriate areas in the Enterprise Corridor, are designed to encourage investment in infrastructure, commercial and industrial precincts, and residential development. Lower levels of development assessment and greater flexibility apply in appropriate areas of the Enterprise Corridor. Priority areas for investment are also identified within the Enterprise Corridor and across the region associated with the region’s major infrastructure projects, to accommodate expansion and new business development opportunities in the high-value industries.
The Enterprise Corridor stretches along the coastal strip from the Sunshine Coast airport to Caloundra South (Aura).
The Sunshine Coast region contains more than 2,700 industrial zoned properties across 870 hectares positioned for business growth, with a wide range of lot sizes available.
The region’s industrial precincts provide excellent locational advantages, with land available near developed areas suitable for small-scale service, knowledge or ‘clean’ businesses through to land available for high-impact industry purposes.
Queensland Government Industrial Parks
Coolum Eco Industrial Park
- Queensland's largest, sustainable industrial precinct
- Location: Quanda Road, Coolum, western side of the Sunshine Motorway, Sunshine Coast
- Lot size: 27 lots ranging from 5,000m2 to 1.2 hectares, adjoining a 34 hectare conservation park
- Type of land use: medium and high impact industry
Yandina Industrial Estate
- Location: Paulger Flat Road, Yandina
- Lot size: 3 lots from 5,177m2 to 7,424m2
- Undeveloped parcels: 1 available at 6 hectares
- Type of land use: low and medium impact industries
- One of the largest industrial precincts in South East Queensland
- Location: Racecourse Road, Caloundra
- Lot size: 73 lots, 25 lots available from 2,434m2 to 10 hectares
- Type of land use: low, medium and high impact industries
Industrial and Enterprise Areas
Other industrial land on the Sunshine Coast includes:
- Beerwah Industrial Area
- Caloundra West Industrial Estate
- Forest Glen Industrial Area
- Kawana Industrial Area
- Kunda Park Industrial Area
- Kuluin Industrial Area
- Landsborough Industrial Area
- Maroochydore Industrial Area
- Moffat Beach Industrial Park
- Mooloolaba harbour Industrial Area
- Nambour East Industrial Area
For further information on these industrial areas, contact the Head of Investment Attraction, Sunshine Coast Council on +61 407 753 645 or email email@example.com.