- Last updated:
- 31 Aug 2021
The Sunshine Coast is one of Australia’s top tourism markets.
The region’s natural assets, from coastal beaches to hinterland forests, coupled with designated tourism investment areas and national standard sporting facilities provide excellent opportunities for new tourism developments and investments in accommodation, sport and leisure.
Australia's premier regional events destination
The Sunshine Coast is the major events capital of regional Australia and is home to a range of annual events including:
- Caloundra Music Festival
- Mooloolaba Triathlon
- Ironman 70.3 Sunshine Coast
- Four national outrigger titles
- A variety of food and wine festivals
- Horizon, the region’s premier multi-arts festival
An unrivalled training environment
The Sunshine Coast is a natural sporting amphitheatre with an active and healthy populace, and is home to a large and diverse range of high profile events, presenting wonderful opportunities for investment by sporting businesses.
Jetts Fitness (the largest gym franchise in Australia) has based their Head Office in Mooloolaba and Australia’s premier cycling development program – the Australian Cycling Academy and the associated Pro Racing Sunshine Coast elite team – operate from the Sunshine Coast.
The University of the Sunshine Coast is the only University in Australia to be accredited by the Australian Institute of Sport.
- Training facilities for 59 different sports – 39 with national or international standard training facilities.
- An Australian Institute of Sport accredited facility at USC that is the training base for many visiting elite international athletes.
- A $27 million sports hub offering high performance sports, training and allied health services to athletes and the community.
- High performance gym facilities including state-of-the art testing labs.
- Beautiful beaches and natural surrounds offer respite from the rigours of training and the pressures of approaching competition.
- A diverse range of health professionals with extensive experience working with elite, professional athletes and coaches.
Download the Tourism, Sport and Leisure industry brochure.
Key tourism, sport and leisure industry participants
The Sports Hub Sunshine Coast is a world class facility offering a variety of integrated sports and allied health services, multipurpose sports training areas, strength and conditioning, recovery, specialist rehabilitation facilities, sports education, and sports marketing services.
Steve Irwin, known around the world as the Crocodile Hunter, was most passionate about his home on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast – Australia Zoo. Today, our award-winning zoological gardens are set on over 110 acres and feature more than 1200 animals. We have a wonderful local workforce, a strong tourism industry, and are pleased with Sunshine Coast Council’s vision to be Australia’s most sustainable, healthy, smart and creative region which complements our passion for wildlife and conservation.”
Terri Irwin, Owner Australia Zoo
Download the case study
We decided to base the Jetts Fitness International Headquarters right here on the Sunshine Coast for many reasons; it’s a world class destination for our partners and team, it is a hotpot of talent, and the Coast has such a progressive, active community with so many opportunities for growth.
Brendon Levenson, Founding Director Jetts 24 Hour Fitness