Working with leading business and industry organisations and the Queensland Government, council endorsed Sunshine Coast - The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033.
The strategy provides a 20-year vision and blueprint for sustainable economic growth. It will help to ensure the region actively participates in the global economy and deliver the lifestyle and opportunities for local residents and businesses alike.
The Sunshine Coast is embarking on a strong and prosperous future. This includes a progressive approach to sustainable economic growth and opportunities that are unrivalled anywhere in Australia.
The strategy represents a first of its kind for the Sunshine Coast. Regional business and industry leaders and council have created a bold plan and actions for a stronger economy for the region.
The plan will achieve four clear goals for the region over the next 20 years:
- $33 billion economy. This is nearly triple what it is now
- 100,000 new jobs in high-value industries
- 20% of goods and services produced for export
- household incomes that exceed the Queensland average.
High-value industries include health and well-being; education and research; professional services and knowledge industries; tourism, sport and leisure; agribusiness; clean technologies; and aviation and aerospace.
Also available with the strategy is a summary, research compendium and an infographic:
- Sunshine Coast—The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033
- Sunshine Coast – The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy Summary
- Sunshine Coast – The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy Research Compendium
- Building a New Economy Infographic
The Sunshine Coast will chart a new direction as it moves towards 2033. This direction will respect the region's values and authenticity, but look further to establish the Sunshine Coast as part of the global community.
The New Economy will be built on:
- strong leadership - that embraces partnerships, is agile and determined to succeed
- capital investment - in essential infrastructure to support growth and competitiveness
- high-value industries - that generate enduring employment
- local to global connections - to markets where the region has a clear competitive advantage
- talent and skills - of its workforce and its community members.
For more information, contact Economic Development on +61 407 753 645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org