The Sunshine Coast University Hospital is the largest infrastructure project ever undertaken in this region.
Council is working to maximise opportunities for local businesses to win work on this project by providing information, training and support.
Works packages and information for the Sunshine Coast University Hospital will be released through the ICN Gateway.
For information on ICN, please refer to the video.
A summary of key program dates for the hospital are:
- Design development process - September 2012 to end 2013
- Site establishment and bulk earthworks commence - October 2012
- First multi-level car park - February 2013 to December 2013
- Kawana Way duplication works - May 2013 to December 2013
- Main hospital superstructure - Mid 2013 to end 2013
- External facade - Early 2014 to mid 2015
- Internal fit-out and finishes - From mid 2014
- SCUH opens (450 beds) - Late 2016
- SCUH fully commissioned (738 beds) - 2021
Information sessions and workshops
Council is offering heavily subsidized workshops and training for local businesses.
Bookings are essential as places are limited.
Management Systems Workshop
Want the best chance of securing this work on this project? You need to understand the management systems that are needed and these seminars will help you with the knowledge and tools to assist. It is absolutely vital for any business looking to gain a work on the Sunshine Coast University Hospital project or other Major Projects to have the appropriate "Management Systems" in place.
Sunshine Coast Council is holding workshops so that local businesses can gain an understanding and tools to develop appropriate management systems in:
- Quality Management System workshop based on developing management system from standards AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008
- Environmental Management System workshop based on developing management system from standards AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System workshop based on developing management system from standard AS/NZS 4801:2001
This full day workshop will cover Quality, Environment and OH&S Management Systems.
Bring you laptop and charger as there will be ample opportunity to start writing your systems with the assistance of the facilitator.
Council is offering this heavily subsidised workshop at Lake Kawana Community Centre from 9.00am - 5.00pm on the following dates.
The cost of this session is $150 per person and places are limited
|One Day Management System Workshop
||Lake Kawana Community Centre
Sportmans Parade, Bokarina
|03 Dec 2013
||9.00am - 5.00pm
For phone bookings please call (07) 5413 1400.
For detailed information on the new Sunshine Coast University Hospital, visit Queensland Health website.
For information on workshops and how council can assist local business email